You can substitute potato with chicken or mutton
Few times ,we are just amazed by the way God listens to our request instantly , I was getting dressed for school and was planning what to cook for dinner as evenings get hectic with Gym and cooking becomes like a burden for me , which upsets me as cooking for my loved ones will always be my first priority and can’t imagine it to become a hurdle for me that’s when I thought it would nice if I get some idea and took my phone and saw this recipe posted by Vah chef , thanked God for making my work simple and This dish was ready in 35 minutes , loved the green colour of this gravy and the combination of Chana and potato is made in heaven nothing can wrong with it …..
I told sis about this incident and she said that she would want to taste this gravy and when asked for her review , she loved the texture and taste of this dish and said next time we can substitute potato with chicken or add all three …
- Boiled Choley or Chana or Garbanzo – 1 cup ( I used 1 tin Chana )
- Potatoes – 2 ( cubed and fried in oil )
- Chopped Spinach – 2 cups
- Mint leaves – 1/2cup
- Coriander leaves – 3/4 cup
- Finely chopped Onion – 3 no.
- Green chilies – 4
- Chopped Garlic – 4 cloves
- Chopped Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 no.
- Oil – 2 tbsp plus 4 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- First blanch the spinach in hot water for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add chopped ginger and garlic pieces, add green chilly, 1/2 amount of chopped onions, cook this till onions are golden in colour, then add coriander leaves, mint leaves, spinach (blanch) sauté it for a minute ,cool it and put this into the blender and make a paste.
- Take same pan and add 4 tbsp oil heat it and add remaining chopped onions, saute till its golden brown then add tomatoes, cumin powder, coriander powder, cook this in a slow flame till oil comes out , then add spinach paste .
- Cook for few minutes then add choley (garbanzo) mix this , add 1/2 cup water and cook it for few minutes then add fried potatoes , cook for another 10 minutes in a slow flame . Serve this with puri or Paratha.
Note: You can add 1/2 tsp of chili powder if required , I didn’t add as the gravy was spicy
I took 35 minutes to make this gravy