Today’s guest post is done by my good friend Aara who has her blog sweetsnspices and a person who is always the first to help me when I have any doubt with computer and this year we met for the first time and had a lovely time….
This recipe has been my all time favourite and love to make it for my kids ,below is Aara recipe ,do make it and happy cooking ..
Buttered Sweet Corn Is Very Famous Street Munchers Available easily out there anywhere in market with a tag as Steamed American Sweet Corn, and again sub labels of butter n pepper, Indian chaat etc etc, It is served in a cup which is not even 100gms price starting at Rs 25, or may be more now!!
I really used to think of getting it and taste what they are, but really dint feel like getting it ever. I used to think American sweet corns are something very expensive. Even the de-seeds American corns available in local markets had a price high like one box 80-100Rs years back. Not a big thing to buy still I felt its expensive and another added point to it was I dint knew how to make use of it. Until mom bought few cobs of corn thinking its normal corn. But it was sweet!! I asked mom to get more and freezed it. You can trust my words You get cobs which is much cheaper in price, have frozen corn stock at your home and make anything you desire with these yummies,
You can follow the link and check how to make frozen sweet corn kernels at home http://
These days sweet corns are easily available in packet, in frozen state or just like that. Once I saw my aunt served me packed ones which she had seasoned, I dint find it tasty as well as it looked too dull, Allah knows how old it was and what method they used for preservation, all the kernals looked flat!!! I dont know the story abroad, I am sure this would not be the case there, you can get fresh ones, canned ones, frozen ones, all soughts would be available easily!!
So with this season of sweet corn and cold weather existing in chennai this wonderful recipe serves as excellent snacks. This is personally my fav and im sure if you are a sweet corn lover you can make this at home and enjoy with your kids
Getting back to the recipe!!
- Sweet corn kernels – 1 cup ( Frozen/ Fresh / Boiled)
- Salted Butter – 1tsp heaped + 1tsp extra
- Pepper Powder – As needed
- Salt – If desired
- In a pan add in 1 tsp heaped butter and toss in the sweet corn. – Cook it for 3-4 mins in medium flame or till the corns feels tender and aromatic – Switch of the flame. Add in another tsp of butter, pepper and mix. – Serve it warm!!
– You can double the recipe and adjust the ingredients according to your taste
– Extra 1tsp is added to give final buttery taste.
– Add pepper powder at the end, If added while cooking it may not spread evenly. It may form lumps and stick here n there to the kernels which might later give you a bitter effect while eating.
– If you are calorie conscious either reduce the amt of butter used or use oil for the cooking process and lastly temper with 1tsp of butter for the buttery effect and taste.
– Since I used home made frozen sweetcorn I had already added some salt to my sweetcorn kernels. So dint had the need to add more salt.
– You may also squeeze in some lemon juice while eating. It will take the whole content to next level. But since I had cold I avoided lemon and just stick to buttery taste.
This is it for today!! do make and enjoy ur own Buttered Sweetcorn at home with your family!!
Thank you Reema for allowing be to be your Guest Host in your space Love writing for you