As I have always shared with u all that baking is my craze but I have a soft corner for soups and salads toooo….. As both are easy to make and yummmmm in taste
And soups are the best friend for those who are dieting and my search for good soup recipe is never ending…..
My kids enjoy soups and I made this one as I had corn at home and felt that it will taste good with chicken and I was not wrong ……it’s a very simple soup and both chicken and corn compliment each other and Spring onions added flavour to it….. It was loved by everyone at home…..
- Boneless chicken -1/4 cup marinated in little salt,pepper and 1 tsp cornflour
- Boiled Corn -1 cup ( I used the tinned one …..don’t use the cream style )
- Finely Chopped Spring onion – 1 bunch
- Maggie chicken stock – 2 cubes ( you can use home made stock like boiling bones of chicken with salt ,peppercorn ,chopped carrot and onion,boil for 20
- inutes ,strain it and use )
- White Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Ajinomoto or Chinese salt – 1 pinch ( optional )
- Cornflour – 3 tsp ( mixed in little water )
- Water – 4 cups
- Salt to taste
- In deep bottom dish add chicken cubes and water ( you can add home made stock if you have )
- Let the water boil then add sugar and salt then as the stock is boiling add the marinated chicken pieces ( cornflour coating makes the chicken softer and not rubbery)
- Add the corn and boil for another 5 minutes ,add pepper powder and ajinomoto
If you are planning to serve the soup immediately then add cornflour mixed in water and this thickens the soup ( otherwise remove the stock from fire and add the cornflour only before serving the soup )
- Sprinkle spring onion and serve hot.
I took 35 minutes for making this soup