Vegetarians can omit chicken and add other vegetables like mushroom, broccoli
This recipe is shared by my cousin Sara ,who has a blog Yes I can cook and I made this for kids during Ramadan and was loved by them ….this recipe was simple to make and best thing was all ingredients were easily available at home plus felt it was nice way to make kids eat vegetables and noodles acts as a filler in this soup…..This soup has to be served immediately otherwise the noodle absorbs the liquid and next time planning to make without noodles or add noodles only few minutes before serving
Along with kids even we enjoyed this soup , I liked the taste of potato which my kids were not able to guess and told me to add more corn ….kids are kids ,they never change for them corn is the best …..
- Finely chopped Chicken – ( marinate 1 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp maida ,salt and pepper this gives good coating to the chicken )
- Finely chopped Onion – 1/2
- Potato – 1/4 of small ( cubed )
- Carrot – 1/2, cubed
- Sweet corn – 2 tbsp
- Green peas – 2 tbsp
- Instant Noodles – any type (I used Maggi )
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Spring onion -2 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 1 clove
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Butter – 1 tbsp, substitute with oil
- Water as required
- Boil the noodles according to packet ,rinse in cold water and keep aside .
- In a dish add butter add garlic, onion, fry till translucent then add potato and carrot ,sauté for an another minute ,add marinated chicken pieces ,cook for two minutes add peas and corn and then add required amount of water ( approx 2 to 3 cups )
- Let the soup come to a boil , and let it simmer for another 10 minutes ,add salt and pepper powder ,check if potato and chicken is cooked .
- Add chopped coriander , spring onion and cooked noodles , cook for another few minutes and serve hot .
Note : If you want to make the soup creamy instead of chopped potato add mashed potato, you can add chicken stock which can made by boiling chicken bones instead of water .
I took 25 minutes to make this soup…
Happy cooking ..