Vegetarians can omit chicken and follow the same recipe
This recipe was shared by a good friend of mine Biji Chechi ,whose recipes we can follow eyes closed with a guarantee that they will taste good ….When I saw this recipe , I knew it will be appreciated by my family as each time we go out the first thing Rasha orders is sweet corn soup …..After making this soup ,I got busy and couldn’t post it on my page and today ,when both Haseeb and me are unwell ( he has throat infection and me with leg sprain that I am unable to walk ) ,I was missing this soup but couldn’t make it again as I have got strict warning from my sister Seema that if I enter my kitchen and cook ,she will make sure I don’t walk again ( she always becomes over protective when I am sick ) , it’s tough to sit idle so decided to post this soup and cheer myself ……
This soup was loved by kids and my dad , he was surprised that milk is added to it and told me to make it more often as its a nice way to make kids enjoy milk without letting them know it’s added…..I would say best soup for cold climate …..planning to make it again once I am able to walk properly
- Cream style corn – 1 can
- Sweet corn kernels – 1 can
- Water or chicken stock – 3 cups or more
- Chicken breast – 1 ( chop it into small cubes and marinate it with 1 tsp cornflour and pinch of salt and pepper )
- Finely sliced onion sliced – 1/2
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Maida or All-purpose flour – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups ( 400 ml )
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional ingredients: diced potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.
Optional garnish ingredients: bacon bits, grated cheese, and chopped green onions.
- Fry onions and butter on low heat, stirring constantly till onions are soft but not brown, Add flour and stir well for 3 minutes.
- Add water or chicken stock and chicken pieces and vegetables like potatoes & carrots ( if you are using it ) Let it come to a boil but don’t let it start to bubble. Turn heat to medium-low and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and cream style corn and sweet corn kernels. Heat on medium-low for another 5-10 minutes (if using other vegetables, add now).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes till soup is thicker.
- Serve hot and garnish as desired..
Note – If you don’t have chicken stock ,you can add a Maggi cube to water and instant chicken stock is ready ….
I took 20 minutes to make this soup
Happy cooking ..