This recipe was shared in UAE food guide for a cook along event by Reshma Razack and nice of her to say yes when I asked if I can share the recipe on my page …. What I liked about this recipe was you can make kids eat dal with no fuss plus the parathas are super soft because of the daal that’s added to it , another thing was no stuffing was required which meant more easy to make and in my case I am a amateur when it comes in making Parathas and this recipe was sure a winner for me as it was super easy to me
Kids enjoyed the paratha and loved the soft texture of it … It was loaded with flavours and requires no side dish to go along with it … I served Paratha with chicken 65 masala which was also shared by Reshma …. Will post the recipe of it soon
- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Moong dal and Chana dal – 3/4 cup ( I used both )
- Finely chopped onion – 1
- Finely chopped green chillies – 2
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Aamchoor powder – 1/4 tsp ( dry mango powder )
- Finely chopped tomato – 1
- ajwain seeds – 2 pinch ( Carom seed )
- ginger paste – 1 tsp ( you can finely chop and add )
- asafoetida – 2 pinch
- garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil and ghee – as require
- Cook the moong and Chana dal in 3/4 cup water till it’s well done and set aside.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp oil , add ajwain, asafoetida,ginger,onion and tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes are dried.
- Add the boiled daal and mash slightly.Remove from flame and Let this cool down.
- To this add, aamchoor powder,garam masala,red chilli powder,green chillies,coriander leaves,salt and wheat flour.(Do not add all the wheat flour at once,keep mixing and add if required)
- Let the dough rest for 10 mts. Make round balls and roll them into desired shape.
- Cook them on tawa by applying ghee on both sides.
- The healthy dal paratha is ready, Serve hot..
1. You can also use chana dal instead of moong dal.I used both of them
2.No water is used for kneading
3.You can alter the ingredients according to your family taste.( add extra onion or green chillies or ajwain )
4. I made around 12 parathas of small size with this recipe.
I took 25 minutes to make this paratha