Recipes that have corn are my kids all time favourite and they don’t mind me adding corn in any dish that I make …..The minute I saw this recipe ,it started haunting me but I had to wait for two days as my niece Refa was not well and she loves corn in any form ….and when I planned to make and asked my maid to grate the corn ,she told that the corn cob was stale and not good to cook ….so the next day ,personally bought fresh corn and made these parathas as I couldn’t wait any longer to taste them…..
I make parathas with corn meal ( atta ) but the fresh taste of corn in the paratha was so different and they were very soft and kids ate it plain …Mom liked the flavour of corn in the paratha and gave me more ideas ….planning to add spinach with fresh corn and make parathas with it
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Corn – 1 cup ( grate the corn from the cob or coarsely grind the corn kernels )
- Onion – 1 no. and green chilly – 1 no.( grind it to paste or you can finely chop them )
- Ghee or oil – 2tbsp ( more while making the
- Finely Chopped Coriander – 3 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala or all spice powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl add grated corn , whole wheat flour, salt, ghee,chopped coriander mix and get crumbles then add onion and green chilly paste.
add water ( if required ) knead this into a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes and divide the dough into equal portions with the help of dry flour roll it into paratha ( I made triangle shape ) .
- Place the paratha on a hot griddle and cook this with ghee or oil on both sides.
- Serve hot with Curd Raita
Other variation that you can try
1) corn and grated carrot
2) corn and chopped green leafy vegetables like fenugreek or spinach or spring onion
3) corn and paneer
4) corn and finely chopped cabbage
I took 25 minutes to make this paratha