This is THE RECIPE which made realize that I can cook…..I got 2nd prize in my college for soup competition and after that I thought I was best cook in the world …..What overconfidence at that age….This recipe is family’s favourite and Ramadan never ends without making this…..
The best part is cut the veggies in big pieces or any shape
- Potatoes- 2 no.
- Onion- 2no.
- Carrot – 2no.
- Tomatoes -4no. ( big )
- Butter -3 tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup ( use fresh milk otherwise it will curdle in the soup )
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Water -2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- In a pressure cooker add butter and all veggies except tomatoes ,cook for 5 minutes ( colour of veggies should not change )
- Add tomatoes ,chilli powder ,salt and water ,pressure cook for 10 to 15 minutes ( 5 whistles )
- Cool the mixture ,grind and strain it ( very important ).Add the soup back to the pan or cooker and bring it to boil in cook in slow flame for 10 minutes
- Add hot milk ,check the spices and Serve hot with bread croutons or a tsp of cream