I saw this salad in a cooking channel and enjoyed the way the person who made this salad enjoyed it after making it ….I waited patiently to buy the beans as I needed tender ones, as my supermarket didn’t have and I was in no mood to go to spinneys to buy as I knew I will end up buying many things that are not required….. I enjoyed making this salad , especially the dressing as it tasted tangy plus sweet , I knew it will for sure give an awesome taste to the salad .
I took the first bite of the salad and loved the coating of dressing over the the beans ….We thoroughly enjoyed this crunchy salad and best thing is kids don’t like these kind of salad so Haseeb and I get to enjoy it ….
- Fresh green beans – 1 cup ( washed and cut in half )
- Mixed beans – 1 can ( I used a tinned beans you can fresh ones ,soak them for 5 hours and boil them )
- Baby carrots – 1/2 cup ( cut it into two halves )
- Balsamic vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 5 tbsp
- Chopped fresh. parsley – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Set up a large bowl of ice water. Add the green beans to the pot and cook until crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Drain and plunge the green beans into the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the green beans.
- For the dressing , Whisk the balsamic vinegar , mustard , honey , chopped parley , salt and pepper powder in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- In an another bowl , add the green beans, mixed beans and carrots then pour the dressing and toss to coat . Serve chilled
I took 15 minutes to make this salad