Every summer vacation Sis and I come a month before to India and cook for my brother in law and Haseeb as both hate hotel food and this December, My niece Shabana was getting married and again we had to come to India few days earlier but forgot about cooking for Haseeb and just two days before he was casually asking what I was cooking for him …I was a bit shocked and immediately made chetinad mutton , chicken biryani and sis decided to make pepper chicken and chicken roast but ended making this fenugreek chicken instead of the chicken roast and when asked her why she made this , her reply was I had to finish fenugreek leaves ( Methi ) so made this …..after tasting, I gave her a thumbs up and told her, now I know how new recipes are created ……
It was instant hit among the family to that extent we had to keep reminding each other that this chicken was made for the men ….It was nice to see the kids enjoying fenugreek which they normally avoid in any dish …
- Boneless chicken – 500 gms
- Chopped Fenugreek leaves ( Methi ) – 1 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped Onions – 1
- Tomato – 1 ( grind to paste )
- Coconut paste – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a non stick dish add oil then add onions and sauté till its light brown then add ginger garlic paste and chicken pieces along with salt.
- Cover the lid and cook the chicken in slow flame for 10 minutes , as the oil comes out add tomato , coconut paste along with spices .
- Cook till the oil comes out of chicken , check if the chicken is cooked otherwise add little water and cook till its done .
- Add fenugreek leaves and cook in high flame till it coats the chicken and the masala becomes dry .
- sis took 30 minutes to make this dish