Vegetarians can omit chicken and follow the same recipe….
I make soups only during Ramadan ( very bad of me ) and my family loves soups and easy way out for me is cup o soup…..but last week Rayyan was sick so packet soup was banned by dad and I was feeling bad for him as he was not able to eat anything plus it was raining …..so planned this soup …..I don’t add mushrooms but sis gifted me with this button white mushrooms so added and everyone liked the taste of ittt….
Now to the taste of the soup ….had to make it again the next day and both days it was thoroughly enjoyed by all especially Rayyan who gave me a big hug for making it again…..
- Boneless chicken -1/4 cup marinated in little salt,pepper and 1 tsp cornflour
- ChoppedCarrot – 1/4 cup ( lengthwise )
- Chopped Cabbage – 1/2 cup ( lengthwise)
- Sliced mushroom- 1/4 cup ( I had white small ones so didn’t slice them )
- Chopped Spring onion – 1 bunch ( lengthwise )
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp ( those dieting can avoid it )
- Maggie chicken stock – 2 cubes ( you can use home made stock like boiling bones of chicken with salt ,peppercorn ,chopped carrot and onion,boil for 20 minutes ,strain it and use )
- Red or green Chilli sauce – 2 tsp or more ( depends on the spiciness you prefer )
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Ajinomoto or Chinese salt – 1 pinch ( optional )
- Cornflour – 3 tsp ( mixed in little water )
- Water – 5 cups
- Salt to taste
- In deep bottom dish add oil then add ginger and garlic sauté for minute then add chicken cubes and water ( you can add stock if you have )
- Let the water boil then add soya sauce,chili sauce , sugar then as the stock is boiling add the marinated chicken pieces ( cornflour coating makes the chicken softer and not rubbery )
- If you are planning to serve the soup immediately then add all the veggies one by one ( otherwise remove the stock from fire and add the veggies only 10 minutes before serving the soup , this is done to retain the crunchiness of the veggies )
- Once the veggies are added just bring one boil ,check for spices ,add pepper powder and salt if required then add the cornflour mixed in water ,cook for another 2 minutes .
- Sprinkle spring onion and remove from fire and serve hot….
And those dieting add ginger garlic straight to the stock ( omit oil )
I took 30 minutes to make this soup including chopping of veggies……