The entire Ramadan month , I have been searching for soup and starter recipes for my kids who were fasting and they love soups and when I got this one and was reading the recipe, I was in two minds, whether kids will like the flavour of corn and jalapeño and after making the soup ,I couldn’t taste it till iftiyaar and was telling mom that it will a hit or miss as it’s a new kind of soup ..The entire big bowl of it finished within minutes of opening the fast …..My critics are my kids and now a days they are trained in such a way ,the minute they taste any dish their critical comments will start flowing automatically and then their will be debate on it between them and a verdict will be passed whether the recipe has to posted on my page…..
Sis and mom liked it a lot and I was watching my niece Refa when she took the first sip ,she was Mamma this is is awesome and told others not to finish and today ,I was typing this recipe and very innocently she asked why have you not posted this bestest soup recipe…..
- Corn cobs – 3 ( roast it in direct flame and with the knife ,scrape the kernels and use them )
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Chopped jalapeño – 3 ( I used fresh ones ( bajji chili ) ,you can used 3 tbsp of canned jalapeño )
- Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
- Button red chilies – 2 ( use less or more depending on spice you want )
- Pepper corn – 5 ( optional )
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker add oil , then garlic and onions sauté for 2 minutes till it’s translucent then add the jalapeños along with the red chillies ,sauté for another two minutes .
- Add the roasted corn along with pepper corn and salt ,mix well and add 3 cups water and pressure cook ( 5 whistles )
- Cool the mixture and blend it to paste and before serving heat it again for few minutes, check for salt and adjust the consistency by adding water if required
- Serve hot with any flavoured bread of your choice ( we had with garlic rolls )
I took 25 minutes to make this soup…..
Happy cooking …