You can add 2 to 3 tbsp of beet root to get more colour
- Chopped tomatoes – 5 to 6 no.
- Chopped onion – 1no.
- Chopped potato – 1 no. ( small )
- Butter or oil – 2 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cream ( optional)
- bread croutons( optional )
- Chopped spring onion ( optional )
- Heat butter or oil in a round bottom pan. Add onions, garlic and ginger Let them cook for 2 minutes
- Add chopped potatoes and tomatoes. Mix well. Add salt. Cover the pan and let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add some water and cover it again.Once the potatoes and tomatoes are nicely cooked, turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down for 5 minutes.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth purée. Pass it through a sieve and put it back on fire
- Add some more water till you get correct consistency ,red chilli powder, sugar and cumin seed powder. Let the mixture come to a boil.
- After boiling for 5 to 10 minutes, the soup is ready to plate. Garnish with cream.
- Sprinkle black pepper. Place bread croutons or spring onion in the centre and serve.