I had made this salad long back and totally forgot about it….I still remember this was second time I had bought Feta cheese ,personally I love the taste of this cheese but was little lost for a recipe and that’s when my eyes fell on watermelon and instantly I was scooping out balls and was excited to see the cute red balls ( carefully I removed the seeds without spoiling the shape ) and I make watermelon mojito and mint leaves compliment well with this fruit so I added mint in the dressing and I would say it was deadly combination …..
My kids enjoyed watermelon without dressing ( they had their own reasons ) I love salads and enjoyed but wanted someone else to give me their honest opinion and I was patiently waiting for sis to taste the salad and her verdict was …this is cool and so refreshing , make it again ….
- Watermelon – 1 cup ( I scooped into roundels )
- Feta cheese – 1/4 cup ( crumble it )
- Finely Chopped mint leaves – 5 no.
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing and keep aside
- In a plate arrange watermelon and crumble the feta cheese over it ,keep it in fridge .just before serving sprinkle the dressing over it and serve immediately .
Note : you can omit feta cheese if it’s not available and make only with watermelon
I took 10 minutes to make this salad