Friday is always family time , where we have get togethers and enjoy good breakfast , lunch and dinner and I always search for some new recipe that I can make on that day …I saw this video on Facebook and forgot to save it and past 4 days sis and I are on strict diet , totally no oil , no sugar diet and when she told that she will make breakfast for me ( egg white brown bread sandwich ) , I told her about this recipe that caught my eye and have been searching for the recipe and then I got a lecture that I will cook chicken with oil and spoil our diet…. That’s when I decided that chicken will be cooked without oil just to surprise her , I started making this filling and once chicken was added , the taste was so unique that I had to tell myself that you have promised to share breakfast with Sis …..
First person who tasted was Rayyan , he came and told if there is extra then he wouldn’t mind another sandwich … Then was Haseeb , mom dad and last was my Bil Najeeb , everyone liked and were surprised that avocado can be so tasty …. Last Sis and I enjoyed these simple yet loaded with flavours Avocado toast which was beautiful combination flavours and textures
As we were eating , sis was sharing her knowledge about the speciality of Avocado , it’s one fruit that has no flavour but absorbs the flavour of other ingredients to which it is added and along with that it also enhances the taste of the dish ….
You can make the filling well ahead of time and assembling can done before serving and also this filling can be used on tortilla wraps to make rolls
- Avocado , cubed – 1
- Plain yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
- Jalapeño, diced – 1 tbsp ( I use tinned one )
- Cooked chicken, chopped – 1 cup ( I marinated chicken with yogurt , chili powder , pepper powder , salt ginger garlic paste and cooked in non stick without oil )
- Chopped cilantro -2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Toasted bread – as required
- Siracha sauce – as required
- Combine avocado, yogurt, lime, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. Mash the avocado to desired consistency.
- Add onion, jalapeno, and chicken into the avocado mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve on toast with optional topping of Sriracha and cilantro.
Note : The recipe asked for boiled chicken but I added spices and cooked the chicken to add extra flavour to the chicken
I took 20 minutes to make this toast ( cooking time of chicken not included )