This recipe is inspired by foodomania blog and when I read this recipe , first thing I wanted to do was make these as soon as possible and when I start cooking items that I want to cook then I forget that I am tired and after baking these , felt so nice as they were super soft and the reason was liberally drizzling olive oil on the pizza bites , I learnt this tip from a Lebanese Chef when sis and I had gone for a cooking workshop ( sis is my partner in crime ) she hates cooking but supports me by accompanying me to all cooking workshops ….we both were shocked to see the chef pour olive oil before putting the rolls to bake and when we tasted , they were amazing and the chef said reason was drizzling oil she said …
The pizza tasted awesome … First one to like it was Haseeb and then Rayyan …I took the rest to my niece Refa birthday party where kids loved it as it had no vegetables plus mozerella cheese oozing out of pizza bubbles added extra flavour to it …Got to make them again for Rayyan friends ( his request )
For the dough:
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Instant Yeast – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Warm Milk – 1/2 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pizza Sauce – 1/2 cup ( homemade or store bought )
- Tomato ketch up – 1/4 cup
- Mixed Herbs – 1 tsp (oregano, basil, pepper, rosemary etc.)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 1/4 cup
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – 1/4 cup ( optional )
- Small cubes of Mozzarella Cheese – as required ( as many cubes as the number of rolls that you plan to make)
For drizzling on the pizza balls
- Olive Oil – 4 tbsp or more
- To warm milk , add the sugar and yeast. Mix well and set aside for 4-5 minutes until yeast starts to bubble.
- To a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, milk and yeast mixture. Mix well until combined , add butter and knead by hand for 10-15 minutes or by electric mixer for 8-10 minutes until you have a smooth, elastic dough.
- Oil a bowl, place the dough in it, cover and let it rise for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in volume.
- Punch down the dough. Cut into bite sized pieces and roll each piece into a lemon-sized ball. (You can make larger rolls too, if you want)
- Stuff each roll with a cheese cube, roll again to seal the edges.
- Place all the rolls into the prepared baking pan at a distance of ½ inch from each other. Cover the pan and let it rise for 30 minutes and drizzle olive oil on the pizza rolls ( in excess as it will make it soft )
- In a bowl add pizza sauce , tomato ketchup , mixed herbs , chili flakes and salt mix well , add it over the rolls and sprinkle both the grated cheese
- preheat your oven to 200 C. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pizza is fully cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, let the bubble pizza cool a bit and serve warm .
I took 35 minutes to make this pizza