Few recipes come in my dream and this sandwich had been haunting me for a year , my niece ate this in coffee day and loved it ,From then I wanted to try it but just kept postponing for one year and past few days ,I have been making different spinach dishes and each time I chopped spinach , this sandwich used to tempt me but due time constraint I was unable to do so….but two days back I was confused what to make for breakfast and within minutes ,was chopping spinach and in 10 minutes these yummy sandwiches were in the toaster
Haseeb and Rayyan enjoyed this sandwich , the best thing in this sandwich was the combination of spinach and corn …..I felt nice that my kids have started to enjoy green leafy vegetables ….I don’t mind eating these types of sandwiches any time of the day ….
You can use boiled chicken or any other vegetable of your choice along with spinach
- Bread slices – as required ( you can use dinner rolls instead of bread )
- Chopped spinach – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 2 tbsp
- Chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Boiled or tinned corn – 1/4 cup
- Mixed herbs – 1/2 tsp
- Chili flakes -1/2 tsp
- Cream – 2 tbsp
- Mozerella cheese – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp ( optional )
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan add garlic and then onions ,sauté for a minute then add chopped spinach along with chili flakes and mixed herbs .
- Sauté for few minutes , add salt and corn and cook in high flame for another minute and remove from flame , cool the mixture for 5 minutes and then add cream
- Apply butter on one side of the bread and then spread the spinach filling ,and then sprinkle cheese , cover with another slice and toast till its golden brown .
Note : Always be careful while adding salt in spinach as it can become very salty .
I took 15 minutes to make this sandwich