You can omit chicken and make the normal pakoda
This recipe has been inspired and copied from Kannamma cooks , there are good recipes on her blog and this one looked so simple that I had to try them immediately , As I fried them,dad came and asked what I was making and was happy it was pakoda ,the minute I told chicken was added he said we spoil the originality of the recipe by adding chicken and I should make the normal pakoda for him with loads of cashew in it.
After hearing dad comment , I was little sad but dads compliment that it tasted exactly the shop one made my day and promised dad that I will make the normal pakoda for him
- boneless chicken breast – 250 gms ( cut into very small pieces )
- corn flour – 1/4 cup
- besan (chickpea flour) – 1/2 cup
- fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped green chillies – 2
- Finely chopped mint leaves – handful
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – handful
- Finely chopped curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Thinly sliced Onions – 2
- baking soda – 1/2 tsp ( I didn’t use )
- oil – 2 tsp
- water – 3 tbsp ( I didn’t add )
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a big bowl add chicken , fennel seeds, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, chopped green chillies and the salt. Mix well to combine. Add in the mint leaves, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Add in the Sliced onions, baking soda, corn flour, besan and oil.
- Mix everything well with your fingers and if required slowly add 3-4 tablespoons of water adding very little at a time. It should be a very stiff, thick ball ( I didn’t add water as it was not required )
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Drop a little pakoda into the oil and if it sizzles, the oil is hot and ready.
- Take small pieces and drop them gently in oil. Fry until golden brown . Drain on paper towels and serve hot!
I took 15 minutes to make this pakoda