Vegetarians can substitute chicken with paneer , mushroom , cauliflower , broccoli or potato bites
You can also substitute chicken with prawns and follow the same recipe
Sometimes , we just miss simples recipes that are posted by friends and this is one of them , My very good friend Biji Chechi posted this recipe and I missed it and when it was posted by someone , who was praising this recipe , It was a bang on dish as chechi recipes have never failed for me ….I always keep boneless chicken at home and in no time the marination was ready to be fried ….I love simple recipes during Ramadan which doesn’t take time and this one for sure one of them , which I will be making often for my family .
My kids love chicken in any form so these crunchy bites got over in few minutes , the highlight of the dish was the chopped curry leaves that gave a distinct flavour to the chicken and enhanced the taste of these pakodas
- Boneless Chicken breasts – 500 gms ( cut into thin long strips )
- Oil for frying.
- Channa flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder or chilli flakes – 1tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 spoon
- Tandoori Masala – 1 tsp ( I didn’t have so added cumin and coriander powder)
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped curry leaves – few
- Salt to taste.
- Orange food colour – a few pinches (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for coating along with enough water to make a thick paste.
- Add Chicken strips with the above marination and let aside for half to one hour.
- Heat oil and deep fry or pan fry the chicken pieces in oil till reddish brown.
- For a healthier version you can bake it… If baking, place foil on a tray and grease with pam or olive oil.Spread the chicken strips with even gap. Bake at 325F 10 mins each side or until done.
- Serve with chilly or tomato sauce.
I took 20 minutes to make these pakodas
Happy cooking i