The highlight of this recipe was that it was designed for busy mothers who prefer quick and easy cooking and today I had to put myself into that category as kids finals are coming and I prefer less cooking and being with them more …..I decided to make this one as it was written that batter would ready in 10 minutes and in no time these were baking in the oven…. I would say this mixture is a versatile one as you could sprinkle with nuts, coconut flakes ,white Choco chip, raisins etc …you can experiment with different toppings to make it interesting for kids
These slices tasted very good ..the texture was between a cookie and cake ….kids enjoyed it and in no time they vanished from the baking tray …cutest part was Rasha searching for it the next day and complaining that they got over so soon…my niece Refa loved it so much that she has requested me to make 35 slices for her birthday to give it to her class friends ….I take it as an honour from her
- Butter, melted – 125 gms
- Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp or ( 1/2 tsp baking powder )
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Choco Chips – 3/4 cup or as required
- In a medium mixing bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence. Mix well to form a smooth caramel texture batter.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients (except the choc chips) and mix well.
- Pour into a lined square (20cm x 20cm) baking dish. Sprinkle with the choc chips and bake in a 180 C for 15-20 minutes or until golden and it bounces back when touched.
- Allow to cool slightly then lift the baking paper out and cut into slices
Note : You can make these slices thick or thin depending on the kids preference and the batter is a bit runny ( don’t worry )
I took 10 minutes to make the batter