You can omit the vegetables and add only chicken and corn
There are days when we are lost as what to cook for children .Mine love pizza and for that I need to plan as it takes time to make , so I look for recipes that are easy to make and yet fulfill the craving of pizza for them , I saw this recipe in YouTube channel , it was very simple to make and knew that I can make my kids happy and get them to eat vegetables which they avoid
Along with my kids , mom and dad too enjoyed it and dad advised me that we should stop wasting money on buying food from out and make more of these snacks at home , Was totally surprised with his comment as I love eating out as it excites me create new dishes .
- mixed vegetables (boiled corn, bell peppers, onions) – 1 cup
- Boiled Chicken ( optional ) – 1/4 cup ( I didn’t add )
- bread loaf – 1 ( cut into slices )
- milk – 3/4 cup
- Flour – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 1/2 tbsp
- mixed herbs – 1tsp
- cheddar or mozrella cheese – 3 tbsp
- chilli flakes – ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Cut the loaf in half inch slices. Toast these slices in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 2 minutes.
To make white sauce:
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the plain flour to it and whisk well. Cook until it changes colour.
- Add the milk. Let it come to a boil and keep stirring until the milk becomes thick. Add the cheese to the milk and let it melt. The white sauce is ready. Get it off the flame and let it cool down for about 5 – 6 minutes.
- One it cools down, add the boiled yellow corn, chopped capsicum, chopped onion, salt to taste, mixed herbs , chili flakes and pepper and mix all the ingredients well.
- Spread a thick layer of the mix on the bread slices. Sprinkle some mixed herbs over the slices.
- Put it in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for about 5 minutes. The delicious Cheese Corn Toast is ready