Few weeks back my niece Refa gave me a paper with 15 recipes and requested me to make one recipe per day …. After one week she came back and told, Mamma , I know you are tired but I am missing the cookies You used to make for me …… Really felt bad , decided to bake these cookies as the recipe was very easy plus I was using corn flour for the first time in the cookie dough , I felt very nice as within minutes the dough was ready and cookies were in the oven ….
After baking them , felt like renaming them as Melt in your mouth cookies …..immediately called Refa to come and meet me , when she saw these cookies , her smile and hugs were worth millions for me … Packed few for my teachers and was glad to see them like it too…
You can add Choco chips to the dough and give a twist to the cookies
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour or Maida – 1 cup
- Custard powder – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup or little more
- In a bowl add butter and sugar and mix with the help of a beater till the mixture is creamy .
- Mix flour , cornflour and custard powder . Add it to the butter mixture along with milk
- Divide the dough into lemon size balls and with the help fork , press and make designs
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and bake the cookies for 15 minutes or till its done .
I took 25 minutes to make these cookies