I wanted to bake banana muffins and wanted a simple and easy recipe , I do check Raks kitchen for recipes and when I saw eggless version on her page , I felt like giving it try but slept early so couldn’t do my late night baking so decided to bake early morning and thought I will have enough time for them to bake but to my luck , it took longer than I expected , so took them out from oven and left for school…
The taste test was done later in the evening by Sis and Rasha , both were surprised that I didn’t use eggs and the muffins turned out to be moist and tasty … I would say very easy batter and best way to use ripe bananas
- Banana – 3 or 4 ( long variety )
- Plain flour/ all purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Chopped Pecans or walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup ( you can go up to 1 cup if you want muffin to be very sweet )
- Oil – 1/ 2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C
- Add peeled bananas in a bowl and mash it well to make it a paste. Add oil,vanilla and sugar to it, mix well. Keep a side.
- Mix flour,baking powder,baking soda in another bowl with a whisk , after mixing properly make a dent and pour the banana mixture in the dent.
- Fold gently,do not over mix,just mix well so that every thing blends properly and add some of the chopped pecans ,reserve some for sprinkling on the top.
- Line the muffin tray with paper liners and spoon the batter in it up to 3/4 th of it. Top with some chopped pecans .
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean and top turns golden brown.
I took 10 minutes to make this batter.