Vegetarians can substitute chicken with potato but potatoes have to be blanched in hot water for 5 minutes and pat dry before marination
You can also follow the same recipe with prawns or fish fingers.
This chicken fry has a cute story to share , During Ramadan , every Friday we all meet for a family get together and in the beginning of Ramadan my cousin Haseena Aapa told us that she will be serving this chicken for her party which is specially made by Ambreen ( my niece ) and won’t tell us the main ingredient as its a surprise … Every week she would for sure remind us about the chicken she was going to serve that we all actually started hallucinating about the chicken fry and when the D day came and first thing we all wanted to eat was this chicken and rest was history
The chicken taste the best , we just couldn’t believe that she had coated the chicken with Cheetos …. I would say the texture and taste was perfect , full of flavours and moist inside and it made us go back to the table again and again
Thank you Ambu dear for sharing this recipe and every dish that you serve us is very tasty as you make them with so much love
- Chicken strips – 500 gms
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp ( they don’t add in the recipe but I prefer adding it )
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Onion powder – 1 tbsp ( optional )
- Paprika powder or chili flakes – 3/4 tsp
- Mixed herbs – 1/2 tsp ( optional )
- Salt as required
- Egg – 1
- Salt and pepper to taste
Final coating ( The magic ingredient )
- Cheetos – as required crush with the help of roller ( hot and spicy flavour )
- Oil for frying
- Marinate the chicken with salt , pepper powder and ginger garlic paste .
- Take three wide bowls , add flour and spices in one bowl , egg in another bowl and crushed Cheetos in the last bowl
- First roll the chicken strips on flour , then dip in egg and last roll them on the crushed Cheetos
- Heat oil ,deep fry coated chicken in medium high and it takes 7 to 10 minutes to fry one batch.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
It takes 25 minutes to make this chicken