Being a mother of teenage kids , I have actually forgotten what it is to be with 4 and 5 year old kids but One thing is for sure that Life has never been this exciting and beautiful as I get to spend time with the kindergarten kids and every minute is so different and unique with them that the evening goes in planning exciting activities for these kids and I have a team who understands me and are willing to do anything for these little ones , they are the reason I don’t feel that bad in confessing that I am not able to cook new recipes every day but today , I was little free and so decided to make this rice as I had not made new variety of rice for a long time plus this recipe was very simple and I made it in 15 minutes another reason was spinach , it is one leafy vegetable that I like to include in my cooking especially for kids …..
Mom tasted this rice and told that it tasted very nice and told me to make it again as she knew It was very simple recipe , if I get compliment from mom then I relax and confidently serve it to everyone at home …..Haseeb gave a thumbs up and best thing is kids will never guess the rice has spinach in it …
- Spinach ( palak) – 2 cups ( blanch it in hot water for 5 minutes )
- Cooked Rice – 2 cups ( Cook the rice till its 3/4 th done )
- Finely chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped onions – 1
- Finely chopped tomatoes – 1
- Finely chopped green chili – 1 ( optional )
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste ( go easy on salt as spinach makes food salty )
- Blend the blanched spinach in a blender to a thick purée.Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick deep bottom pan, add garlic , sauté for a minute add the onions and green chili and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and all spices , sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes. Add the puréed spinach and salt .cook for another 5 to 7 minutes ,till oil comes out Add rice and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
I took 15 minutes to make this rice ( chopping time not included )