You can substitute potato with mushroom , cauliflower , paneer, chicken , mutton , beef or prawns
After Chicken , potato is all time favourite of my kids and when I see any recipe with this vegetable then it has to be made soon and I made this dish 2 weeks back …..I am not able to post recipes very often as my job profile is new and want to settle properly …..cooking is and will always be my first love but sometimes in life ,we have to make choices and this time I had to give priority to the school kids and my teachers who trust me as their leader , so decided to go little slow with posting recipes ….I do make new dishes every other day but no time to type them , I have promised myself to start posting many recipes as soon as I settle with my work …..
Now to this recipe … I would say vah chef recipes never fail especially with taste , I do change a bit especially the spice quotient as his dishes are very spicy and my kids are the main people I cook for so I take extra care with spices , this dish was very easy to make and was loved my by kids and my sister stuffed them in a chapati and made rolls which was equally enjoyed by her kids ….
- Potatoes – 4 ( par boil the potatoes for 10 minutes and cut into wedges Don’t over cook the potatoes )
- Ginger garlic paste- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Coriander – 1 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Chopped Onion ( big) – 1
- Green chilly -2 or more ( I added 2 )
- Oil – 2 Tbsp plus 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt To Taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan add slit green chilly, onions, salt, sauté onions for a minute then add coriander, mint mix it well cook for 5 minutes, let it cool down, put it into the blender and make a coarse paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in an otherpan add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste, salt, add boiled potatoes, toss it and add coriander powder, chilly powder and cook for 2 minutes .
- Add prepared green chutney paste mix it well, put the lid on and let it cook for 2 minutes in high flame , toss well so that the chutney coats the potatoes and switch off the flame , Add lime juice. Serve this with puri or Chapati
I took 25 minutes to make this dish ( boiling time of potato not included )
Happy cooking ..