You can add leftover chicken or potato masala instead of cutlet
Ramadan is the time when we tend to cook more items and without choice we have left overs which kids refuse to eat next day and making these sandwiches was my way of creating excitement for my kids , who wait everyday to know what new I plan to make for them
We have Iftiyaar get togethers every Friday , where each one of us brings their speciality item , last week , my cousin Haseena Aapa got these cutlets and they were very tasty , after the party I got some cutlets home as my niece Rida wanted to have them later and next day made these sandwiches as Haseeb had complained that entire Ramadan I only prefer frying and not once I make healthy dishes …. That’s when I decided to make these sandwiches and surprise him and kids
I didn’t tell kids that I added cutlet inside , first told them to give their comment then I would share the main ingredient , this sandwich was the hit item of the day , not only kids but all of enjoyed every bit of it
- Bread slices – as required ( you can use dinner rolls instead of bread )
- Left over cutlets – as required ( I used mutton mince and potato cutlet) chop it into small pieces
- Sliced onions – 2
- Chopped tomato – 1/2 no.
- Chili flakes -1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped coriander – 3 tbsp
- Mozerella cheese – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan add onions ,sauté for few minutes till they are translucent then add chopped tomato along with chili flakes , coriander powder , turmeric powder and salt
- Sauté for few minutes and as oil start coming out of the pan , remove from flame and cool the mixture and add chopped coriander .
- Apply butter on one side of the bread and then spread the onion and tomato mixture and then the cutlets pieces .
- Sprinkle cheese over the cutlet and cover with another slice , spread little butter on top of the bread and toast till its golden brown in colour
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup
I took 20 minutes to make this sandwich