I had book marked this recipe long back and got delayed for the reason that I had to make two cake batters and last week when Rasha asked me if I can bake something for her that’s when I remembered this recipe and decided to go ahead with it ….When I made the brownie batter and put it in the oven and started with butter cake one just then I realized how simple making both these batter was and in no time the cake was ready
My kids love Brownies and Haseeb enjoys plain butter cake and I would say this cake was the answer to me …My niece Rida said the brownies layer tasted awesome and complimented well with the butter cake …Rasha loved it and was surprised to see two layers and the cutest part was when asked me if I can make them again and again for her ….
- Dark Chocolate (broken into pieces) – 140 gms
- Butter – 50 gms ( 1/4 cup )
- Brown sugar – 50 gms ( 1/4 cup )
- Egg – 1
- All purpose flour – 35 gms ( 1/4 cup )
- Butter – 120 gms (1/2 cup)
- Sugar – 100gms (1/2 cup)
- Eggs – 2
- All purpose flour- 120 gms (1 cup)
- Baking powder – 2 gm (¼ tsp)
- Fresh milk – 50 ml
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Lightly grease a muffin pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove and leave to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar until blended.
- Add in egg, mix well. Fold in flour, mix until well combined. Spoon a heap tablespoon of batter into each cavity of your muffin pan. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove and let cool while making butter cake.
- To make butter cake, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition .Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.Add the vanilla essence
- Spoon the batter over brownies, about 2/3 full. Bake in oven at 180C/350F for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Let cool completely, serve it plain or garnish with fresh fruit, or drizzle with chocolate sauce as desired.
I took 40 minutes to make this cake
Note : you can bake one big cake but the baking time will vary according to the oven
Happy baking …