You can substitute pecans with walnuts …
This is one cake that has given me a small nightmare as I had tried making it last year and was not happy with the way the cake came out especially the texture and after that never had the confidence of try it again but seeing fresh carrots in the fridge …..tempted me to bake a carrot cake again plus wanted to surprise my niece Shabana ,who loves carrot cake so did loads of homework and went ahead with recipe which I felt would for sure come out well ……but when Rasha saw me grating carrots ….Mom please make carrot halwa and not carrot cake plus said why do you want to take risk ???? That was the last thing I wanted her to say but still wanted to give one last try …..once the cake was ready first person I requested to taste was Rasha and what she did amazed me ……she ended up eating 3 pieces said she loved the texture of the cake …
My niece enjoyed the cake , in fact she had it as her breakfast and in no time the cake got over and another surprise was when I got a request from Haseeb to bake again when I get time as he really liked the cake ……did bake again for him and felt nice when I saw him and my family enjoy it ….I would combination of carrot with pecans ,cinnamon and nutmeg is amazing ….you need taste it to believe it
For sure I will be baking this cake over and over again for my family …..
- Oil – 1 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
- Eggs- 3
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Grated Carrots – 2 cups
- Chopped pecans- 1 cup
- Baking powder – 2 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Freshly grated nutmeg- a pinch
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- You can add 1/2 cup raisins along with pecans ( optional )
- Preheat the oven at 180C,Line and grease two 8 inch round pans and keep them ready
- In a bowl add sugar , eggs and oil , beat with beater for 5 minutes till sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- To All purpose flour add cinnamon , salt and baking powder .Sieve it and then add freshly grated nutmeg.
- Add grated carrots and pecans to flour ,add the carrot mixture to the egg batter and mix well
- Pour the batter in both the pans and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
I took 15 minutes to make this batter