I got this recipe from a blog and loved the idea of mixing pomegranate juice with lemon
My niece gave the name to this drink and told me not keep same usual name…..this story behind this drink is something I would love to cherish…..I wanted to make ice cubes with Pomegranate for decoration and to my luck ,it was taking it’s own sweet time to set ,by then decided to make the drink and couldn’t find the jug to put it in fridge so kept in one of the green water bottle and kids saw it ,plus I told them not to drink …..As I said in India we are always busy for no reason so had to go out and kids were telling to take the pic of the lemonade and then go , I convinced them the by showing the ice cubes were not ready and they have to wait for some more time …..when I returned,saw that one part lemonade missing and kids ready with the story that dad thought it was water and he drank it …..plus when I asked him , he said it was something sweet and sour but not water….I had no answer to give him….
The minute I took the pic ….I had 3 hands coming towards the glass and my niece bringing her own big glass and giving reason that she wants more so big glass….Sis and mom said it was a refreshing drink and lovely way to beat the summer .
- Lemonade – 1/2 cup ( juice from 6-7 lemons)
- Fresh Pomegranate juice – 1 cup ( put the pomegranate seeds in a blender and strain it )
- Cold water – 2 cups ( or more )
- Ice cubes – as required
For the sugar syrup:
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Water -1/2 cup
- Make your syrup by placing sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring it to a quick boil(or until sugar dissolves), remove from fire and allow it to cool slightly.
- Into a glass pitcher, add in your fresh lemonade along with your pomegranate juice and cold water. Add in a little more than half of the sugar syrup first and then stir. Check and If it’s still too tart for you, add in more of your sugar syrup. Add ice and lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Note :This drink is to taste. Feel free to add more cold water or more/less lemonade and sugar syrup .To make it a watermelon and pomegranate lemonade, add watermelon into a blender to make “watermelon ice cubes”, freeze in ice tray, and then add ice cubes into your glass pitcher.
I took 15 minutes to make this drink
Happy cooking ….