Science has been my favorite subject especially Chemistry and when I got to know that there is science of brownies , I just wanted to know about the science on how the brownie becomes cakey or fudgy and main ingredient that made it fudgy or Cakey was the amount of flour and butter added ….in Fudgy brownies more butter and less flour is added ,so decided to make them and treat my son Rayyan’s friends who had come for a stay over party ….Around 1 am ,as I was talking to the boys , one of them said aunty , brownies were amazing ….in another 15 minutes another batch was in the oven ….
Rasha told me to keep two pieces for her and then serve Rayyan friends , they finished two batches within minutes ,with great difficulty , I saved few corner pieces for Refa ( my niece )…I would say one of the best and easiest brownie , My day was made when Rasha and Refa said these brownies were the best and better than the shop one ….
- Unsalted butter, cut into large pieces – 100 gms
- Semisweet chocolate, chopped – 150 gms
- Sugar- 1 1/2 cup
- Large eggs – 3
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 pinch
- Preheat oven to 180 C .Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang on all sides.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugar.
- Once it cools , Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until combined. add cocoa powder , flour and salt. Fold in till well combined.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift brownies from pan using parchment paper and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely and Cut into squares.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve
I took 15 minutes to make the batter