I have been wanting to try this smoothie for long time but last month has been the toughest on my family to that extent that I was in no mood to cook nor type recipes….I would like to thank Allah for guiding me through this time plus my family and friends who are and will be my strength…..feeling nice to get back my kitchen, Now moving to this smoothie , the health factor about using low fat yogurt and milk caught my eye plus using fruit like papaya which my kids normally avoid was another reason that I wanted to try this recipe …..
First person to taste was Rayyan….his remark was Mom don’t add bananas ( he hates them ) then it was Rasha ,who thanked me for making it but couldn’t guess there was papaya in it but my niece Rida who guessed all the three ingredients and couldn’t believe the combination I had used and the loved the richness of papaya and mango…..
- Ripe mango – 1/2 cup ( I used homemade mangi pulp that I normally freeze during the mango season )
- Ripe papaya, peeled and seeded – 1 cup
- Ripe banana – 1 ( small one )
- Freshly squeezed orange juice – 1/4 cup
- Low fat milk – 1/2 cup
- yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Sugar or honey – 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes – 1 cup ( if required )
You can freeze all the fruits and omit ice cubes and also omit or add fruit that you prefer ( apple , pear , strawberries)
- In a blender add mango, papaya, banana, orange juice, milk, yogurt, honey, and ice cubes .Blend until smooth
- Serve chilled
I took 5 minutes to make this smoothie