We had national holidays and I invited Sis to come over for breakfast so that we can spend sometime together with mom and dad , we work in same place but don’t get time to meet plus mom and dad always wait for these special moment where we can discuss everything under the sky …I didn’t tell sis that I made this dish with Ghee but the minute she tasted she caught me and her next line was , you will never reduce your weight , it’s nice to cheat sometimes with dieting but can’t compromise on taste ….
I would say this is a complete dish as it has vegetables along with semiya, We throughly enjoyed our breakfast with mom and dad , would be making it again for my family
- Semiya – 1 cup
- Chopped Potato – 2 tbsp ( into small cubes )
- Green peas – 2 tbsp
- Sweet corn – 2 tbsp
- Carrot pieces – 2 tbsp ( into small cubes )
- Finely chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 10 no.
- Sliced Green chilly – 4
- Finely ChoppedGinger – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 no.
- Urad daal – 1 tsp
- Chana daal – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
- Lime juice – 1tsp
- Coriander chopped – 1/2 bunch
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan add semiya and roast it for 5 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add remaining ghee, mustard seeds, when mustard seeds splutter, then add cumin , chana daal, Urad daal, cashew nuts, sauté it till daals are slightly brown
- Add chopped ginger, green chilly, curry leaves, asafoetida then add chopped onions, salt, saute it for a minute and add carrot, potatoes, green pea, sweet corn, mix it well and saute for 5 minutes in high flame then add 1 1/2 cup water, once it comes to boil add semiya.
- Mix it and cover with lid on let it cook for 5 minutes, then sprinkle the lime juice and chopped coriander put the lid on and let it cook for 10 minutes in slow flame then switch off the flame.
- Serve hot .
Note – Keep all the ingredients ready before you start cooking this dish
I took 25 minutes to make this dish