We went to India for 2 weeks but had most wonderful time with family especially going to kerela with 50 family members ,wow is a small word I don’t know whether kerela was so Green and beautiful or it was my family that made my trip so memorable And I had decided I will not cook in India as I wanted to relax with everyone rather than running for photos or plating the food , now to the recipe …. Came back to Dubai and same day got 2 boxes of dates as gift and saw this recipe in hebbars kitchen and felt like making it for Haseeb as he likes nuts and dates plus no sugar added , I did few changes from the original recipe like added walnuts along with pistachio
I had to convince Haseeb to taste the first one and after that he enjoyed the second one with praises that they tasted yummm …. Sis and brother in law liked the taste and told it tasted like date burfi
You can click the link below for the actual recipe
- seedless dates / kajoor – 1 cup
- Chopped pistachios or walnuts ( I added walnuts )- 1/4cup
- Chopped cashews – 1/4 cup
- Chopped almonds – 1/4 cup
- raisins / dry grapes – 3 tbsp
- ghee / clarified butter – 1 tbsp
- cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp ( I didn’t add )
- In a blender add seedless dates and blend it coarsely. keep aside
- In a pan add a tbsp of ghee ,add all the dry fruits like raisins, cashews, pistachios and almonds.
- Roast them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till they change colour lightly.now add coarsely blend dates.
- Fry on medium flame till dates , mix uniformly with other dry fruits ( it takes 2 minutes )
I took 15 minutes to make these laddoos