When I saw the flexibility of this cookie dough , I had to pinch myself if it was true as with one dough , you can varieties of cookies just by changing the filling , I decided to make only two variations but we can try n number of them to suit our family taste …. The addition of semolina gave a extra texture to the cookie and adding of almonds did take the cookies to the next level
I took these cookies to share with my team and they loved it and most of them requested for the recipe and didn’t believe that it was super easy to make the dough , in fact I took more time assembling the ingredients than making the dough …. The cookies can be made for birthday or class parties as giveaways for kids
- butter, softened – 90 gms
- caster sugar – 40 gms
- plain flour, plus extra for dusting – 90 gms
- semolina – 40 gms
For the chocolate chip biscuits
- milk or plain chocolate chips – 25 gms
For the almond biscuits
- almond extract ( optional ) – 1/2 tsp
- flaked almonds – 20 gms
- Preheat the oven to 180C and Line baking trays with baking paper.
- To make the cookie dough, add butter and sugar in a bowl and mix with a beater until soft and creamy, then stir in the flour and semolina. Make the base dough
- Divide the dough evenly into two parts and dust your work surface with flour before kneading each batch.
- For the chocolate chip biscuits, knead the chocolate chips into one portion of dough, shape into 20 balls and arrange, spaced well apart, on one of the baking trays. Press down with the back of a fork into discs about 5cm/2in in diameter and bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- For the almond biscuits, knead the almond extract into the remaining portion of dough, along with most of the flaked almonds. Shape into 20 small balls and arrange on the third baking tray, spaced apart. Place a few almonds on top of each ball of dough and press flat with the back of a fork into discs about 5cm in diameter. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden-brown.
For the lemon biscuits
lemon, finely grated zest only – 1
demerara sugar- 2 tbsp
You can make lemon or orange cookies by adding lemon or orange zest and make it a roll and sugar in the sugar and freeze and the cut into slices and bake
You can add any chopped nut or tutti-frutti to the dough
Prepare ahead: The dough can be stored in the fridge for 1–2 days before flavouring and shaping or frozen up to 2 months
I took 10 minutes to make the dough